Leading the center is Desneige Datillo, founder and medical director of the Acupuncture and Allergy Center. In addition to her broad knowledge and experience as a highly regarded and sought-after acupuncturist, Desneige is a Registered Nurse (RN) who has worked in emergency rooms and intensive/critical care units at leading Boston-area hospitals.
Desneige also served as Senior Nurse Consultant for eight years at John Hancock Life Insurance Company, where she helped to design and develop a pre-hospital admission review program that started with two nurses and expanded to five national offices employing more than 200 employees. She also performed qualitative and quantitative analyses of care and post-operative treatment outcomes at numerous organ transplant hospitals in the U.S. and developed a network of facilities for the company called “The Centers of Excellence.”
In addition to her noteworthy medical experience in these diverse settings, Desneige also has an equally impressive academic record of achievement.
She received a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing from Salem State College in Massachusetts, which was soon followed by a certificate in Advanced Life Support. A decade later, Desneige added to her training and experience as an RN when she received a post-graduate degree in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine from the New England School of Acupuncture in Massachusetts, along with the following:
- Post-graduate study in laser therapy at Physician’s School of Laser Therapy; Scottsdale, AZ
- Certificates of achievement in Cold Low Level Laser Therapy and Advanced Cold Low-Level Laser techniques – Erchonia Medical; McKinney, TX
- Licensed practitioner of Advanced Allergy Therapeutics; Reston, VA
- Volunteer for Acupuncturists without Borders; Albuquerque, NM
- Certificate in Treating Community Trauma from Academy of Oriental Medicine; Austin, TX
- Post-graduate study in German Auricular Therapy (level 1-3) from Vital Principle Institute; Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia
Desneige holds professional licenses in Massachusetts as an RN and as a Certified Acupuncturist, and has had professional certifications as a Critical Care RN, Certified Laser Therapist, Certified Advanced Allergy Therapeutics Provider, Certified Community Disaster/Battlefield Acupuncturist, Certified Cold Low Level Laser Therapist, as well as a Certified German Auricular Therapist.
She also is a member of the Massachusetts Nursing Association, North American Association of Light Therapy, World Association of Laser Therapy, and has received recognition as a National Diplomate in Oriental Medicine.